Visit www.youngliving.com to see these amazing products
T.I. Bishop (referral and sponsor number 796986)
to order as a Preferred customer
Or call me at 615-400-7034 to discuss which ones might benefit you now!
Many Essential Oils repel virus, bacteria, and other microbes.
Be prepared for cold and flu season. Also enjoy the benefits of combinations like Peace & calming, Joy, and Hope as we approach this busy holiday season.
What Are Essential Oils? Essential oils are the subtle, aromatic and volatile liquids extracted from the flowers, seeds, leaves, stems, bark and roots of herbs, bushes, shrubs, and trees, through distillation. According to ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics and Chinese manuscripts, priests and physicians were using essential oils thousands of years before Christ to heal the sick. They are the oldest form of remedies and cosmetics known to man and were considered more valuable than gold. There are 188 references to oils in the Bible. Science is only now beginning to investigate the incredible healing properties of essential oils.
Essential Oils are highly aromatic and therefore, many of the benefits can be obtained by simply inhaling them. This can be done by breathing in the fragrance from the bottle, or they can be diffused into the room.
When diffused, Essential Oils can be the best air filtration system in the world. They will:
(1) Purify, by removing metallic particles and toxins from the air.
(2) Increase atmospheric oxygen.
(3) Increase ozone and negative ions in the house, which inhibits bacteria growth.
(4) Destroy odors from mold, cigarettes, and animals.
(5) Fill the air with a fresh, herbal aromatic scent.
Essential Oils may be used and absorbed by the skin to enjoy improved health and peace of mind. These oils are 100% certified organic and can be taken by mouth for extraordinary benefits.
Essential Oils – 101 Uses for the Essential 7 Kit
These suggested uses apply only to the use of therapeutic grade, Young Living essential oils. The Essential 7 kit was created by Young Living Essential Oils so that anyone could immediately use and appreciate the benefits of therapeutic-grade essential oils. The kit contains three single oils: Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Lemon (Citrus limon) and Peppermint (Mentha piperita), and four oil blends: Joy,PanAway, Peace & Calming and Purification. All single oils may be used as dietary supplements. All of the oils may by diffused. The diffuser from Young Living Essential Oils is a special air pump that is custom designed to disperse the oils in amicrofine vapor. This allows the oils to stay suspended in the air to reduce bacteria, fungi and mold. It also freshens the air with natural fragrances, eliminating the need for synthetic, harmful air fresheners. The diffuser disperses the oils without heat, which could render the essential oils less effective. All of the oils can be applied to the Vita Flex points on the feet, added to bath water mixed with Young Living’s Bath Gel Base, applied topically or used with body and foot massage. Please carefully read and follow Guidelines for Safe Use.
LAVENDER – (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing – physically and emotionally. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living farms in Idaho and Utah .
- Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
- Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
- Mix several drops of Lavender oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
- To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
- To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
- Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
- To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the area.
- Rub 2 – 4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
- Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
- Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
- Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer, which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
- Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
- Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
- Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
LEMON – (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. It may serve as an insect repellent and may be beneficial for the skin. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
- Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
- Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir to be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
- Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain and aid healing.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from the cells.
- Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete’s foot.
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
- Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the room.
PEPPERMINT – (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly-regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of theUniversity of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals. Peppermint is grown and distilled at the Young Living farms.
- Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
- Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the area of injury to Reduce inflammation.
- Apply immediately to an injured area (bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand) to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
- Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
- Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
- For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
- Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
- To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
- To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
- Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve Concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
- Rub 4 drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
- Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
- To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of
- Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
- Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5-gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes.
- Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
- To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4-ounces of water and spray the plants.
- Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
- Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
- Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
- Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
JOY – An exotic, luxurious blend of Lemon (Citrus limon), mandarin (Citrusreticulata), bergamot (Citrus bergamia), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), rose (Rosadamascena), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens),palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), and jasmine (Jasminum officinale) that produces an uplifting magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as a cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart and on the bottom of each foot to relieve feelings of frustration or depression.
- Put a drop of Joy oil on the tip of the nose to uplift your mood.
- Wear a drop of Joy oil behind each ear as a perfume.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil between your palms and then spread over the face and neck after shaving.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on areas of the body with poor circulation to improve blood flow.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on the armpit area to use for a deodorant.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on the heart and feet to increase libido.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Joy oil into potpourri to improve the fragrance.
PANAWAY – A blend of wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), which has an active constituent similar to cortisone; clove (Syzygium aromaticum), which containseugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; peppermint (Mentha piperita), which is calming for nerves; and helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), which is soothing for localized discomfort. This blend was created by Gary Young following an injury that severely tore the ligaments in his leg.
- Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising.
- Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising.
- Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back of the neck to relieve a headache.
- Mix PanAway oil with V6 Mixing Oil and massage on location to stop growing pains.
- Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain.
- Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine to relieve sciatic pain.
- For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V6 Mixing Oil on location or put several drops in the food.
PEACE & CALMING – A gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine (Citrus nobilis), orange (Citrus sinensis), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata),patchouly (Pogostemon cablin) and blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) specially designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
- Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of the feet and on the shoulders before bedtime to get good quality sleep.
- Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive or hard to manage children.
- Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
- Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a relaxing bath.
- To help stop nocturnal teeth grinding, diffuse Peace & Calming oil while sleeping.
PURIFICATION – An antiseptic blend of citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleucaalternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and myrtle (Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
- Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
- Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, hotel room or other enclosed area.
- While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself from pathogens found in the recirculated air.
- Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop the itching.
- Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes to clear the skin.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
- Put 2 drops of Purification oil on two cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
- Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
- Dilute Purification oil with V6 Mixing Oil and swab the nasal cavity to ward off the flu.
- Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
- Apply Purification oil and Peppermint oil diluted with V6 Mixing Oil to a cotton swab and rub just inside the ear to eliminate ear mites in cats and dogs.
- Put several drops of Purification oil on a cloth to rub out mold.
References: Young, N.D., Gary D. An Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils.Ninth Edition, 2001. Essential Oils Desk Reference. Compiled by Essential Science Publishing, Second Edition, July 2001.
Obligatory Disclaimer: The information in this section is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician.
Waiver: The information contained on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not provided to prevent, diagnose, prescribe or treat any disease, illness or injury. Consult your physician with questions related to specific disease, illness or injury conditions. Do not attempt to self-diagnose or prescribe any natural substance for serious health conditions that require professional attention.
For your reference in ordering direct with Young Living, enroller number is 796986